Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sock Festival in all it's glory.

Today I attended the 1st Westbury World Sock Festival. I was a bit taken aback to discover that there was a $10 admission - I presume this is based on the St Patrick's Day Festival they run over three days. But had I known in advance I may have thought twice about going.

The socks were varied and interesting, not as many as I expected. I thought it would be a lot bigger with more knit related stalls and displays.

My fellow SNB'ers Cathy and Cindy won prizes for the socks they entered, Katt and Sharon's were also proudly on display. There are some pictures of all the socks over at the SNB website.

Below is some pictures of my sister and my socks getting out and about with other socks. Where will the frivolity end?

I did purchase some lovely Hot Socks wool in a grey/white/black blend. $5.00 for a 50gm ball. However they also had Hot Socks in 100gm balls which they wanted $20 for! I also got to finally see the Sirdar Yo Yo yarn up close, if your not familiar with this it comes in one big ball (about 400gms) supposedly with enough to make a sweater with out joining in lots of little balls. Not a bad idea, if only more yarn companys could come up with ideas like this.

There are no pictures, which I now regret, but there was a Giant pumpkin competion. They were massive! I don't imagine they would all be that nice to eat. As traditionally the very large pumpkins were grown as cattle feed.

Until next time,
Suzi.
A bona fide red headed sock knitter and damn proud if it!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds like a great time was had, I do wish that I could have been there, maybe next year. What about our very talented S'n'Bs, well done everyone.

2paw said...

Thanks for letting me know about the WWW Sock Comp!! Your sock wool was such a bargain!!!!! See you a bit later on tomorrow!!!