Saturday, March 27, 2010

A few of my favourite things

My mum bought the latest Australian Women's Weekly and for any non-Aussies reading this magazine actually comes out monthly. I flipped to the food section, the only section I tend to actually read in the AWW.
And one of the food features was on High Tea as a means to promote the new AWW High Tea book.
The blurb about the book makes it sound irresistible, I love doing the whole fancy afternoon tea and getting the good china out.

"High Tea is every girl’s dream book, as delightful to look at as it is to cook from. Think finger sandwiches, scones, pastries, cakes, biscuits and slices. Think linen tablecloths and fine china, proper tea made in a teapot, your best friends gathered round, and lots of gossip. Here’s your chance to spoil yourself with cucumber sandwiches, chocolate éclairs and raspberry cream sponge. Teatime will never be the same again."

Oh yum I have to keep my eye out for this one!

It's not being released till October so a bit of a wait but there is a vampire knitting book in the works. I've seen some of the projects to be featured and really looking forward to the finished product. Even if it fails to offer up too much in what I'd actually knit I just know it's going to fit in with my other knitting books - most of which are a bit quirky to start with.

Bill Bailey. The trouser presses, tea and coffee making facilities, spider singing, eagles, sheds and tiny pixies. It never stops being funny, any of it. And the boy playing the setar in Tinselworm is delicious!


2 comments:

2paw said...

Oh now I will have to buy the magazine, I believe it has a tea cosy too?? But High Tea!! Oh My!!
Yes, Bill Bailey, I like him a lot!!

TinkingBell said...

Oh I love Bill

I am so with you n the uni, I am full time online and had 3 major assignments due in the last week - 4 weeks in and each worth between 30 and 40 percent of the mark......