Thursday, February 04, 2010

A rose wristlet by any other name would be just as sweet.

After Friday's post I spent more time working on the first Punky Rose Wristlet. And these pictures show how far I had gotten by Saturday night.

I'm really pleased now with how well the lace pattern is starting to stand out now, at first I wasn't sure how clear it would be, but it is knitting up brilliantly. And while I love the look of it, I don't think I love it enough to want to make socks in it as well. I'm still opposed to socks, I may unbend my rules for 8/10ply ones however.

Keen eyed blog readers may spot the felonious feline in the background of the second shot. He saw the camera and had to get up into the picture. That is Mr Naughty, Miss Stash's precious bundle of trouble.

Another exciting thing is, my Mum found the knitting bag she had my copy of Funky Knitting in! It was one of the first knitting books I bought myself and have been without it forever so it's nice to have it back finally.

1 comment:

2paw said...

I can, I can see Mr Naughty!!! A blur, but he's definitely there. Just a little rib to go now. That's a fabulous photo of the wristlet too, the colours and the lacy pattern are great!!!