Sunday, October 16, 2011

Scrumptious 7!

Todays baking effort, the Raspberry Blondie Bars from Vegan with a Vengeance. There really didn't look like enough topping when I set aside the specifed 1 cup of dough, and looking at how much the base puffed up I think next time I will reserve a bit more dough for the topping.


The raw dough was quite sweet to taste, but the raspberry layer was quite tart so I am presuming now that they are cooked together they will counter balance each other nicely.

At the time of writing this it is still in pan cooling down, when is is cool I shall cut it into bars and test it out. It certainly smells fabulous, if it does look a little dodgy. Live and learn!
Maybe I could make it work if I rolled the dough out for the top? I shall make myself notes for next time.

2 comments:

2paw said...

It does look totally delicious. I have made a similar thing and you crumble to topping all over, rather than trying to make one smooth topping.

Susan said...

I like this recipe! What did you think of eating the finished product?