Saturday, October 15, 2011

Successful sixth!

Steamer has got another turn out tonight and here are the broccoli and carrots that I prepped to add to the Unfried Fried Rice.


Here is the finished product! I was ready for it, it didn't take that long to cook. It was just all the prep and lining everything up that took a bit of juggling, especially in a shared kitchen where your also fighting for space.


Unfried Fried Rice and Hoisin-Mustard Tofu from Appetite From Reduction - the sauce for the tofu got slightly "caramilised" due to cook's error but it still come up delicious and the fried rice was tasty without leaving you with that after oily mouth feel some take-away ones do. This was quite an experience, here I made Homemade Sorta Soy Yogurt from the Complete Guide to Vegan Substituions. It tastes delicious, I have to restrain myself from simply eating it as I want to use it in a batch of blondies. I think I will have to make a second batch for sure, it would be good with my porridge and fruit of a morning.


There's also an option for making it with coconut milk as opposed to soy milk, which sounds like it could be very delicious.

1 comment:

2paw said...

Oh, coconut milk, that sounds delicious,. I agree about the oily taste of some fried rice- though not at the MeWah!!!