Friday, June 20, 2008

I Am Legend!

I passed my test yesterday afternoon, so another one down and another step closer to my end certificate. I am really pleased, as it was getting to the stage where I was ready to throw in the towel. No! No more! My brain is already atrophying!

You live and learn. The day I stop learning is the day I drop dead. Which could be tomorrow, so maybe I don't need to rush the whole learning thing???

With all the Olympic talk going on, I am planning my Olympic KAL challenge, I'm going with socks, a whole pair! I know it's a way off, but with all the media coverage surrounding the upcoming event and all the associated political circus that is on about the Human Rights.
If China weren't the next Olympic host would there be as much controversy? Would as many people be looking and pointing their fingers???

The world is full of very bad things, something at times that seems to slip out of sight, usually because not the entire world is getting press coverage. Let's face it their are fashions or trends of horror in the media, today it's firmly planted on China. Not that long ago it was all about Iraq and Saddam, even Bin Laden has slipped to a mere peripheral on the camera lens.
When it comes to War on Terror - what is your first thought? Iraq? Do you have a vague memory about Afghanistan??? Afghanistan has dropped out of favour, it's perhaps not as controversial as troops in Iraq. Not likely to sell as many papers anymore.

But for those who are up for fighting the good fight, a quick browse of the home pages of Amnesty and their Australian branch show that there's more than just China for us all to glare disapprovingly at and mutter about boycotts.

2 comments:

Lady Euphoria Deathwatch said...

Hi Suzi,

Just wanted to say congratulations on passing your test. I know you've been working hard at it.

I've been reading you for a while now. I'm at ladyeuphoriadeathwatch.blogspot.com if you haven't found me before now.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the laurels.

Lady Euphoria Deathwatch

amanda j said...

Well done on the test!

I don't know what I will knit during the Olympics this year. It's all leaving a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.