Friday, November 17, 2006

9 to 5!

Workin 9 to 5
What a way to make a livin
Barely gettin by
Its all takin
And no givin
They just use your mind
And they never give you credit
Its enough to drive you
Crazy if you let it
- 9 to 5, Dolly Parton

I'm working nine to five! Nine to five! Excuse me I shall put my hairbrush microphone down now and tell you all my very exciting news!
I'm working nine to five! Yes, after long last and the never calling when they say they will so you consider it to be a dead end. But no apparently they like the element of surprise after torturing you some.
Not that I'm all that excited about the job, it wasn't quite what I envisaged for myself. But the prospect of what they will pay me is very exciting!
Just think of all the shoes I could buy!

And more exciting news! Remember that Aran Earwarmer that's been waiting to be finished? Picked up the stitches along the side Tuesday night while watching Pirates of the Caribbean, and then sewed it up Wednesday afternoon while waiting for Ms Stash. And it was done!

Up to the second row of lace pattern on my second Whitewater Wristwarmer! I have a good feeling about this.

"I like a good man, but not too good. Because the good die young, and I hate a dead one!" - Mae West

How very true! Do you know what I finally saw last night? Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest! I have to say that Jack Sparrow, sorry Captain, Capitan Jack Sparrow is good but not too good...

I'm counting down the days till I can finally start those much cursed Hippo socks! I'm looking forward to them, but want to get my second wristwarmer done before I start.
Not too many thinking projects on the go at once.

Until next time,
Suzi

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah!! Congratulations. I know you are really working for ASIO and your spy name is Shona Trick!!!
How fantastic!!
How can I help?? You can be Carol from The Brittas Empire!!!

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news. Hopefully there is hope for me too, I am waitng for phone calls headhunters working on it etc. I need shoes and yarn!!!

Jana said...

Congrats on the job news! And congrats on the knitting projects too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job!! Does that mean we will be seeing even less of you? :(

Cant wait to hear about the adventures in Hippo Socks!

Katt

metal and knit said...

Good luck for tomorrow there will be alot of boring stuff to cover before you actually learn what you are doing.

MrsDrWho said...

Is your first day when you learn to speak with a bad Indian accent?????

MsFortuknit said...

Yeahhhhhh for Suzi!!! Congrats time one million!

Shoes and yearn! wow! What a lovely life!
Be well and have a blast take care of you first always!