Saturday, August 28, 2004

Shrugs, Needle Rolls and a Latte

I am on a roll, a UFO roll to be exact. I finished my long awaited shrug Thursday night and sewed it up yesterday. Last night I finished knitting up my latte cosy (pattern from Cleckheaton), today I hope to get the ends sewn in and to pick the sides up to knit them up today. Then I'll head off to find some buttons. That's one project finished and another very close to it!

I started a jacket for the Guardian Angel program, one sleeve and the front bands still to go and then I have to sew it up. All by Tuesday. Can I do it? Maybe. Where's Bob when you need him? And can he knit?


After looking at
Lisa G's website, I was inspired to make my own needle roll for my Pony Pearl needles. These are my absolute favourites to knit with, if you haven't used them already do try a pair out.

I can see a trip to Spotlight next week, buttons for my latte cosy, a motif and buttons to go on my Guardian Angel jacket and fabric for my needle roll.
I am very tempted by the luxury brocades advertised in Spotlights last catalog. I'm thinking either one of the blue or purple colours with a contrasting or matching colour of some sort of undetermined fabric inside.

While here I should probably give you a progress report on my other items I have worked on. I have done some more of the Dr Who scarf, the first pattern repeat on the Stress Relief scarf, a few more rows on my Insomniac Scarf and ??????
No, I think those are the only projects I have worked on this week.


And today's thought for the day is - It is impolite to ask another knitter how many UFO's they have and before judging other people's lack of FO look to your own UFO's.

No comments: