Saturday, April 29, 2006

Fickle Finger of Fate

Moved slowly across the blog land and stopped and pointed at.....ME? Yes, Katt has tagged me to do a meme thingo.

Actually I'm quite excited, as I was actually going to write a post along these lines of what I wanted to acheive goal wise since I am having my Lucy Jordan/Shirley Valentine quarter life crisis. I caught some legal program late the other night, starring good old William Shatner who has aged not all that gracefully - good on him! He plays a lawyer Denny(?) Crane. And he was saying to one of the younger lawyers "It's fun being me, is it fun being you?"


Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
1. Become a pirate!
2. Las Vegas Baby! (As Elvis sang if I only had 24 hours to live, I'd want to live it here!)
3. Own a Harley Davidson.
4. Body Sculpting - we're talking muscle tone not invisible suitcases.
5. Learn to be a pole dancer. (30/4 Added Note: I refer not to getting naked and making fauz love to a pole but rather fully clothed acrobatics that require you to be able to comfortably support your own body weight with one arm.)
6. See the Rolling Stones live in concert before they die, if it's at all possible they could go before me!
7. Meet Matt Hardy.

Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Be normal.
And these are more like can't do yet.
2. Drive.
3. Do pilates.
4. Do yoga.
5. Finish knitting projects in a timely fashion.
6. Wear less black.
7.Marry Johnny Depp (alright so this may actually be a never like number one.)

Seven Things That Attract Me To My Man Pirates:
I don't have one, so I am changing it to something I want.
1. Rum. But why is Rum gone?
2. Johnny Depp
3. Keith Richards
4. Treasure!
5. Jolly Roger
6. The hats.
7. Have ship, will travel, adventure!

Seven Books I Love:
1. Soul Music by Terry Pratchett
2. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
3. All Nigella's cookbooks - a must at bedtime
4. Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
5. Bubbles series by Sarah Stromyer
6. Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich
7. Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett

Seven Things I Say:
1. Excellent!
2. Woman.
3. You daft creature! (This usually follows the sound of something being knocked over.)
4. You're in my way!
5. Boogelly (Thankyou Cindy!)
6. Where is ............? (This is uaually said to the DWC, he never answers)
7. Would you like a bag? (No more! No more! I'm leaving to be a pirate)

Seven Movies I've Loved :
1. Rocky Horror Picture Show
2. Banger Sisters
3. Showgirls
4. Fifth Element
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
6. Any of the Rock's movies bar Doom (can you believe their trying to flog it with Serenity?)
7. Romancing the Stone

Seven lovely ladies I'm gonna tag: Alright I am going to offer this oppotunity to the following and leave it up to them to decide if they want to take it up.

Metal and Knit (now you've commented there is no escaping me!)
Msfortutknit (aonther new one!
Amanda (it's been awhile!)
Karen (it's also been awhile!)
Roberta (don't know you well, but I'm hoping to!)
That Knitting Chick (another I don't know well yet)
Little Purl (unless her mother beats me)

This is all very optional and I will not be offended and I promise I won't make anybody who doesn't want to pick this tag up walk the plank. Pirates honour.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one that thinks Kinky thoughts at the words "Jolly Roger"!?!?!

You watched Boston Legal!! I missed it last night! I try to watch it often. Its funny. Denny Crane is looney. Its a spin off of Ally McBeal.

Katt

metal and knit said...

I am more than willing to respond

Pop over and see the result

2paw said...

I lurve Boston Legal - I think it's a spin off from The Practice....was that a crossover with Ally McBeal?? I think it might have been. Captain Kirk has won an Emmy ( or 2) for this role. He is FANTASTIC!!! He is at his acting best!!!! The writing is great!!!
Love the new Hostess!!!!
Pole dancing, Showgirls... I think I see a theme happening. You can have a pole dancing pole erected in your house now, not a permanent one, but you could pole dance away me hearties!!!!!

Cathy said...

Have you seen todays Sunday Examiner?

Keith Richards is unwell with a head injury.

Hopefully he recovers and can still sing.

Interesting answers.

Cathy

Wired for Fibre said...

I would so want to be a Pirate too if Johnny was!

spyderkl said...

Hi Suzi! Sorry I haven't responded yet...not offended, just a little distracted. I'm putting up my answers now...

MsFortuknit said...

Thanks Dolly! I really like your site!

Sharon said...

What better way to have a 1/4 life crisis than a Lucy Jordan/Shirley Valentine one.

amanda j said...

When you said you would beat me, Little Purl was scared for my safety! Haha, I too love Boston Legal and get panicky when I think it might end.

MsFortuknit said...

cheers!