Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I hate the World!

It has just been one of those weeks, I can not wait for it to be over. I am just about ready to quit my job. Tonight is a full moon but I think the lead up to it also has an effect on people. Anything that can go wrong has, anybody who could possibly have a gripe has, and of course who could forget the vague requests or the requests for the impossible!

All I want to do is a Bernard from Black Books and suddenly decide to close the shop and chase customers out.

Since Sunday I have been hard at work making a cover for my new hottie. Can you believe after all this time and excruciating pain in my shoulders, I am finally just centimeters away from shaping the top? And changing down to smaller needles! Arrghh!

I have finished a mitten for a Toddler out of 12-ply, once I make the other half they will be ready to send away to Mongolia. The pattern calls for you to cast off the mitten and then sew it up. Which annoyed me, so I've decided to put the yarn through the last stitches and then sew it up. Less actual sewing.

Also on the needles currently is a partially finished (or partially deformed?) GLOVE OF DOOM! It is a meglomanic glove who plans to bring the knitting world down by devouring all the nice feeling yarn and leaving only boogelly feeling yarn. Because of this I plan to call it Vince.

Having said that I know Katt is the only one who will get it.

Tonight I am checking my pantry to see what I do and don't have. I am planning on making some Hot Cross Buns this year, only this year I actually will. Im going to use Nigella's recipe because it seems relativly simple - one of the things I love about Nigella's recipes is it's very hard to go wrong. And also because you can make it the night before and put it in the fridge to prove overnight. All you do in the morning is get it out and let it come up to room temp (shouldn't be long in this weather, if it's at all possible the fridge may be warmer), pop them in the oven and before you know it. Fresh Hot Cross Buns!

I'm not normally a huge fan of religious holidays, but I can't resist Easter with all it's Pagen pagentry. The equal-armed (or Equinox) cross, the eggs, rabbits and new chicks. And I suppose what I like about it is it's true to form in that nothing is ever really new new, it's something old coming back as something slightly different.

Until next time,
Suzi,
A bona fide chocaholic redhead and damn proud of it.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh poor Suzi, maybe we can cheer you up on Tuesday. I don't have to deal with customers but I too wish I could do a Bernard sometimes (I loved that show) and chase everyone away!!!!

Enjoy your Hot Cross Buns and have a lovely Easter xx

2paw said...

It has been one of those weeks, I have been having a bit of a Georgette Heyer Decline myself!! I have been full of worry!! Karen has been making a Catastrophe scale with her class, where they rate how bad things actually are!!! Trouble is, I can give everything a 10 if I feel so inclined!! The only way is up!!! Do you need help with Vince? I suggest you get Bernard!! See you Saturday, maybe!!! Happy Hot Cross Bunning!!!