Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Trifecta Tribute

At the age of 37 she realised she'd never ride through Paris in a sports car with the warm wind in her hair.
- Ballad of Lucy Jordan, Marianne Faithfull

I owe a lot to my heros, they inspire to me to do greater things. Today I offer thanks to the Lucy Jordans, the Shirley Valentines and the inimitable Cindy who even in a futuristic dictorial world with uniform clones, would still be an individual and also single-handly organise a revolution to bring down the forces of might!

Courtesy of Cindy I present a portion of the letter of resignation I wish had handed in.

As such, I have decided to become a professional pirate. It has always been a dream of mine to live the life of a swashbuckling corsair, beholden to none and master of all I survey. Once my crew of unabashed rogues is assembled, we shall take to the capacious expanse of the high seas to pursue fortune, fame, and hair-raising adventure.

Our path may not be filled with the porcine comforts and technological marvels that ****** provides, but we shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.

Please note that I am currently accepting applications for First Officer, if any of you are at all interested in applying. I will provide a full medical and dental plan, which will offer immediate coverage of all maladies other than scurvy and the occasional bout of rickets.

Sincerely

Jolly Suzi Tar

Couldn't have put it better myself. Thankyou ladies! I salute you all.

Suzi.
A bona fide red head pirete and very, very happy about it!

7 comments:

2paw said...

I found this on All It Took... I can't claim any authorship, but it was just so YOU!!!! I do thank you for your lovely compliment too. Mrs MacGyver and I once led a small revolt at a school when the staff wanted to wear a "Uniform". Over our dead bodies!!!!!!! I think I am a secret rebel, hiding behind a thin veneer of politeness and respectability!!! I will tell you about my latest assualt on a corporation anon!!! Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzi the pirate...
To save your pic you need to press "Print Screen/SysRq" (whatever that means)on the keyboard then go into Paint and paste it, then save that. I loaded mine onto Photobucket once I saved it, but the reason I have two little South Park me's is because is looked strange having just the one because I had pasted it on the left side and didn't move it, yada yada...so I had the big blank space...but if you paste it into the middle and do more background it should look fine once loaded!
Hope that helps! Lol...

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to mention (about the pic I mean)...when you have the screen in paint just use the select tool to go around the bit you want, then right click, cut, then open a new paint doc and paste it in there. Then do the background thing. THEN save it! Argh! Hope that didn't confuse you! Sorry!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sharon said...

Hi Suzi,

Good old Lucy Jordan!!

Hey you can join fellow pirates Johnny Depp and of course our very favourite Keith Richards, ho ho ho and a bottle of rum or whatever that man drinks.

The above post was deleted by me as I rushed over here in a panic asking you to post about the market over at SnB because it wouldn't let me sign in, that has now been rectified.

metal and knit said...

Go for it

I wish i could rebel more often but i dont have a rigid uniform just casual business wear so no blue denim. but black or brown ect is fine.

I may be a mellowed out metal lover dressing normal but keep you heart in it and try not to change we are a dying breed

MsFortuknit said...

Finally! You rock!