Saturday, April 30, 2005

If I were a rich girl.

I'd hire someone to finish all my half done projects and all the boring stuff like ribbing on beanies.

However what I have bought, and it was cheap which was good. Is the new Get Creative magazine, there doing a focus on knitting, while there wern't a lot of patterns there was a lot of junk about how to and what you need.
Mainly I bought it because I really liked the Caressa poncho and the Trio - hat, scarf and mittens.

What I don't think I've told you about is the Panda Learn to Knit book I bought quite a few weeks ago. It's aimed at children and teaching them to knit, so some of it is probably way too simple and I should probably look to some more challenging stuff but some of the projects are very cool (I love the felted bags), they even have a couple of designs for knitted flowers to embellish your finished article with and the first project I'm planning to make from it is a child's beanie done on four needles.

I'm making Voodoo from Knitty which is my first project on four needles and they are wrist warmers, so I figure a child's hat would be a good next step up from that.
And I can send it away for Dulaan, so it won't really matter what colour (or possibly what shape it is).

Until next time,
Suzi.
A bona fide red head and damn proud of it.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

It's good to challenge yourself and it sounds like your next challenge is knitting on 4 needles.

Good on you.

You're really doing well with your knitting.

Cathy