Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Oh My Goth!

I picked up the latest issue of the English magazine Simply Kitting today and once again am highly impressed with it's contents but once again a little less pages and pages of a how to guide, the same pages and pages in the last issue...it is a monthly mag after all - couldn't they alter it slightly?

What really caught my eye while I was flicking through was a letter titled Oh My Goth. A lady who was about to become a grandmother for the first time was starting to knit for a new grandchild, however her daughter and fiancee are Goths so the first sweater is red and will be followed by a purple one as she won't knit black for babies.

Awww what a shame! When looking through Stitch N' Bitch Nation I noticed a pattern entitled Baby's First Tattoo. It was a baby jacket with motifs knitted into it, the pictured jacket had blue birds but there were other graphs provided including a skull. How cool is that?

At least I think so, and you know I would so knit my baby something in black. With skulls on it.

Until next time,
Suzi.
A bona fide red head and damn proud of it.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I have some friends that are goths and are expecting. I'm making a black baby hat and bootees for the little one.

2paw said...

Do you think they will have the "How to.." section every time? I like the dinky cable needles. I think I will make the girls' bolero/shrug thin for my second cousin who is 2... If I had a child they would be forced to wear something green ( a sock, a ribbon) EVERY day!!!
Cindy

shell said...

I was disappointed with the last offering containing the same how to guides yet again too. The first issue even had the pull out book. I'll have to keep an eye out at my newsagent's. I checked there today and it still wasn't in yet... maybe tomorrow

Michelle said...

Make sure you add an "arm" tattoo that sez Mom on your baby skull sweater. heh.