Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Yes, today is the day. And how unexcting it's turned out, I think because it's a Monday.

But in honour of the celebration I did party a little. This afternoon I went to see Doom. I wasn't sure what time it was on and popped round to the cinema after work to see what screenings were available and discovered one had started just before I got there. I became one of those late people I loathe, you know the ones who come creeping in after the movie's started and start scrambling for seats. Fortunatly the cinema was practically empty so I scored a seat at the back at the end of a row, realitively unoticed.

On the way home I was thinking about what I would write about it and the words "lacks substance" popped into my mind.
If your thinking about seeing it, wait for the video release.

As a huge fan of the game Doom and of the Rock I was hoping for good things, especially looking at the Resident Evil duo.

Doom failed to be creepy, the Rock was disappointing (not in his performance, more in his character). It was dimly lit and involved freaky things leaping out and attacking people and loads of big guns. But still I am not completly satisfied and this bothers me. As a huge fan of big guns-blowing stuff up genre, where did it go wrong?

On a side note anybody concerned about the Blood and Guts qouta, apart from a juicy autopsy it was pretty tame. Actually the autopsy is probably about the same as CSI, especially when they get one of their "decomposing" corpses.

I noticed posters for Tim Burton's Corpse Bride marked as Coming Soon, I can be optimistic. However I didn't see any adverts for Nightwatch which I keep seeing trailers for on SBS.

I'm off to check my fellow SNB'ers blogs and see what they are up to before tomorrow's meet-up. I am very excited!

Until next time,
Suzi.
A bona fide red head and damn proud of it.

No comments: