Friday, June 03, 2005

The Naughty Knitter Slinks Back!

Yes, it's been a while and I've been very remiss with my blogging. But I have been workign very hard on my Drop Stitch Scarf and planning what I will make out of the Guardian Angel booklet this year.

I saw Cathy on Thursday and she already had her pin, I wonder if I'll make something in time this year? I missed out last year as they hadn't expected so many knitters to donate. Which is good in a way.

Matt Hardy is drving me to distraction, but when is he not? At least I've managed to accomplish some knitting around it.

Last year at the CWA Craft Camp I attended I did a class in Felting. I bought this months Better Homes and Gardens because they had knit throws again - they've also included some crochet this year. Immediatly after the knit throws section is an article on felting, it's the hot trend this winter and here I thought it was crochet.


This isn't the knit and full technique. This is where you felt actual fleece, I won't say my effort last year was the world's greatest but I think I know enough of what I did wrong to get it right this time around. Starting with a Coffee Plunger Cosy - I've been looking for one of those!


Until next time,
Suzi.
A bona fide red head and damn proud of it.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

The Guardian Angel pins are really nice aren't they. You will have to get motoring to try and get one. My neighbour has done one of the baby hats and it came out looking nice. It's in 8 ply and she said it was easy.

It will be good to see your drop stitch scarf if you bring it to the next S'n'B.

Cathy