Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Another day less.

Work on the second mitten is back on now the stitches have been picked up. I've done some more work on the hood of my Italian scarf it's looking really good.

I met a new knitter today at SnB, always fantastic to meet someone new. And her daughter (only 9 weeks old) is absolutely beautiful!

I found this recipe through About.com and it sounds really yummy, I might have to try it out. Yes, I know - American. It will require some converting.

Chocolate Mousse Witches Hats

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
1 cup milk chocolate chips
4 squares (1oz.each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 tsp. shortening
1 pkg (4 3/4 oz) chocolate sugar ice cream cones
Halloween sprinkles
12 thin Chocolate wafers (2 1/4 " diameter)

Instructions: In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup cream to a boil; remove from the heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
In a mixing bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
In microwave or double-boiler, melt semi-sweet chocolate and shortening. Stir until smooth. Dip pointed tips of ice cream cones a third of the way into melted chocolate; roll in sprinkles. Refrigerate until set.
Just before serving, spoon mousse into cones. Top each with a chocolate wafer. Invert onto a serving platter.

I'll have to start shopping for Halloween decorations, so hard to find, even though Halloween is becoming more popular here. I was thinking for Christmas (it's not far now) I'd go with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme. I think it would be highly applicable.

Make the most of the Post-Halloween sales, it'll be exciting and very, very fun!

No comments: