Saturday, April 28, 2007

Hubble Bubble!

I had planned to have the day to myself, but the best laid plans never seem to pan out how I expect. However I got to make a batch of Potato and Leek Soup in the Slow Cooker today so not a total loss.

Tomorrow is Pumpkin Soup, a new recipe as well! And a Tuna Slice I have had the recipe knocking about for absolutely ages.

I stumbled upon a recipe for Pumpkin Scones I have also been saving for ages and one I forgot I had, Raspberry Scones. Which prompted a discussion with Sandra D about what I consider to be a old wives tale, scone makers are born not made.
Now I think this a load of old carpet! Scones like anything else you cook, provided you make the time and effort to do it right, you should get at least edible results every time if not always picture perfect. There's a lot of bad cooking going on out there, so is it good cooks are born not made? Or is it simply everybody has the potential to be a good cook should they make an effort?????

Sideshow again tonight, I can't last week's totally inspired me. But it was the first I suppose. New Tricks I also see is being repeated, I am a little disappointed it's not a new season.
Tomorrow is another day so we shall see what it brings. I've already got my jobs mentally lined up for tomorrow. Chiefly washing should the weather be nice, and plenty of other things if I put my mind to it, and there should be time while the soups practically cooking itself!

No comments: