Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Naughty Noro!

I have to ask has anyone who has knitted with Noro found it to break a lot???? I ma currently knitting up a Hurry Up Soring Armwarmer for Miss Stash out of some Noro, it runs thick and thin which I don't mind. What I do mind is the fact that it's taken to breaking at the most inconvenient points!

The Slow Cooked Chicken was a rousing success! I will be making it again, but purely for myself, I am not sharing it with anyone else. No one else!

And inspired by my recent success and some inspiring reads while seeking out recipes for the new slow cooker, I have decided to start shopping around for a rice cooker.
I'm keen to track down on of the ones that also has a steamer insert in it, kind of dual cooking. Very helpful.

Today was knitting coven day, we all got little cards with every ones birthday and colour preferences on it made by one of our members. Apparently one of my fave colours is turquoise!!!!!!!!!!

Something that is my fave, is CSI and the cat and I are going to make ourselves at home on the couch and watch it. Should be good, although I think tonight is meant to be a repeat. Never the less, I am enjoying my evening's on the couch, watching something on TV, reading or knitting. Really makes a nice change at the end of the day. My days seem so long at the moment, and there always seems so much to put into them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the Noro varies from ball to ball. I've had some that went so thin it broke, then I've had some that only had added vegetation.

Sharon said...

I have a slow cooker which gets used at least twice a week. I cook the roast in it every Sunday, yummo and a casserole during the week. I can share some recipes with you and if you can track down a copy of Margaret Fultons crock pot recipe book it is worth it as there are some nice things in it.

Turquoise?? That is mine maybe :)

Sharon said...

Ooops I forgot to mention that I didn't have any trouble with noro breaking but it had too many annoying joins for the price of it!

Anonymous said...

I am inspired to get a crock pot now!! Now I want to say Knob, Mole and Potty!!!! I can't believe the Noroa thingy. Very poor really and i do agree with Sharon about the knots too. Last West Wing this week. Boo hoo....

Anonymous said...

i love my crock pot..been using it heaps of late...hoping to get some soup in the go in it soonish...

Demz got me using mine again the other week when i saw her using hers.

Katt