Friday, September 24, 2004

One day less....


I confess I haven't knitted anything today so far, there's still the rest of tonight to go however. I haven't located my 3.25mm needles yet so the Italian Scarf may be un-abandoned.

Today I'm going to include the recipe for an absolutely delicious dip, I had it at my Stitch N' Bitch meet-up earlier this month, brought along by Cathy (who also makes a very yummy banana cake). I made up a batch of this dip last night – yummy!
But first I am going to offer a few words of advice, cream cheese if you haven't had the forethought to remove it earlier tends to be firm straight from the fridge so I find usually about 10 seconds on High in the microwave makes it easier to mix. Also when buying pre-grated cheese, try to get one marked “grated” and not “shredded”.
Cathy's Easiest Ever Dip
1 tub (250g) Mainland Lite Cream Cheese Masterfood's Corn Relish Grated Cheese
Mix as much corn relish and cheese as you want into the cream cheese and place in serving dish.
Yep, it's as easy as that. That's why I like it this is the extent of my culinary achievements. There are some alternative flavour suggestions for this dip:
1 pkt French Onion Soup mixed with a small quantity of water or lemon juice to make a paste then stir into the cream cheese.
Or 1 tin salmon (red or pink) and grated cheese mixed into the cream cheese.
Or fruit chutney or gherkin relish and grated cheese mixed into the cream cheese.

I can't recommend this recipe enough. I think this is going to become the new Spicy Mexican Bean Dip (no I will not tell you about this dip because it has reached the point where I hate it. Yes, I made it that much).
Philly Chilly
1 tub cream cheese X amount of sweet chilli sauce
Tip cream cheese out onto serving dish and pour over sweet chilli sauce to taste. After all some like it hot, not that I've ever found sweet chilli sauce to be that hot. However this is delicious!

We're now less than a month away from my birthday, I'll be the grand old age of 26. 30 is getting very close and there's still so much to do! I suppose I'll just have to move the deadline to 40.
In the lead up to my birthday you'll get all my thoughts and ideas, today's thought is cupcakes. I love cupcakes, don't you?


No comments: