Sunday, September 12, 2004

Red Heads - Famous, Freaky, Feral and Fun

Yes, today my post will be about red heads and how you should all appreciate us far more. There aren't that many of us about. Which got me thinking, how many famous red heads are there? How many do I know of?

On to my favourite red heads.
Well my absolute all time fave has to be Jessica Rabbit ("I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way."), yes I've been a fan ever since I saw Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Gillian Anderson probably most memorable in my mind for Scully from X-Files. Redhead with cool job and got to get up close and personal with David Duchovny. Redhead with
very very cool job!

Bette Midler probably one of the most well known in the world. I remember her mostly for her movies then for her music. Very funny lady.


To pro wrestling and while perhaps not an au natural redhead such as myself, Lita. One very cool red head and one of my fave female wrestlers. And for those of you not familiar with wrestling you can see all about Lita here.

And how could I talk about my fave red heads and not mention Geri Halliwell. I can't say I was a huge fan of the Spice Girls. Then I saw an interview they did on a very well know day time talk show, they we're all asked about their first paycheck and what they did with it. They went along the line and they we're all saying how they'd bought this and that and it always seemed to be for some family member. Then they got to Geri on the end. "I didn't know how long it would all last so I bought myself a red sports car." A girl after my own heart.

Having said all that, there probably is quite a few of us and we always are quite exceptional. It may be personal biases, but I think we have some unusual gene the other hair colours lack. Another (not natural, but still) red headed female wrestler April Hunter said "You can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you'll never get any sleep with a red head!".

Not that this is anyway the limit on amazing and famous redheads, I did a search to see what else I could talk about and found this site
Redheads.net and they have a famous red heads page among other things. There we're a few others I knew of but didn't think of immediately and a few others I didn't know.

No comments: