Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Next Big Thing?

According to the Lion Brand Newsletter that's just arrived in my Inbox it's Ponchettes and Capelets.
"These trendy little toppers are being seen everywhere from fashion magazines and catalogs to high-end boutiques and mainstream retailers."
Hmmm, I can't say I'm a fan of a short poncho, I love the longer versions. But as for capes this one has taken my fancy.
Cape May in the current issue of Knitty. This is made out of Rowan Biggy Print which I have used to make a hat and scarf, I had Giddy - I call it lolly colours pink, purple and green. But I love the the colour this is made up in Dull. After my yarn diet at the rate I'm knitting I should be able to put away enough to buy the quantity needed.
It'll be interesting to see how many more of my fellow knitters are going to be knitting up this latest trend.

No comments: