Monday, January 17, 2005

Absence Without Reason

I've been absent I know, I spent the better part of Friday wrangling with MSN Messenger. And the last two days staring at a blank screen wondering where Inspiration was. Maybe I should have confirmed my appointment.

I think it's time to update in the Yarn Diet - what's started, what's finished, what's going to be started and what projects are yet to be found.

1. Faux Fur Hooded Scarf from Cleckheaton's A Girl's Own pattern book. **UnderConstruction**

2. Mittens made from Bendigo's ________ in Columbine for my youngest cousin (she's going on 5). **FINISHED!!!!**
3. Mittens for my second youngest cousin (about 7), also in the above yarn. **Not Yet Started**
4. Mittens from Patons Beehive in red. These mittens along with the above two pairs are all being made from the pattern in Funky Knitting. **Not Yet Started**
5. Elegant Scarf from an early issue of Creative Knitting magazine, I''m using Chickenfeed's Knitting Nylon. **Not Yet Started**
6. Bare Necessities Bag from Hip To Knit. I've finished knitting the bag itself, it just needs to be sewn up and I think the I-Cord which is started will hinder the finishing process of this project. **UnderConstruction**
7. A second
Bare Necessities Bag from Hip To Knit. **Not Yet Started**
8.
Quick Knit Scarf in Panda Lashes (aka feathers). **UnderConstruction**

So far that's it, I just have to find another 12 projects. I think I might start looking to my UFO's to make up the final numbers. I'm sure there are a couple of hats there I can finish. Undoubtably there will be scarves in various stages of progress because I can't get away from them, I try, I really do but without luck. I know I have a wrap in Caressa started and must find again.

I get the feeling finding 20 projects is going to get easier, knitting them all is not. I need good things to knit too. I can see Buffy will get another round, I'm disappointed that Season 3 seems to take it self a little more seriously than the first two seasons which were kinda campy. Or should that be vampy?

Talking of things to knit to, I have yet to come up with my Underworld project. I have a largish looking quantity of black fluffy looking stuff. I wonder if there's enough for a wrap?

I've been coveting a bag of feather wool my sister/fellow knitter picked up op shopping far too many moons ago. She kept talking about getting rid of it, and I kept offering to take it. Finally it's mine! However now, I have to actually find the green yarn I told her I would give her so she could make a Moody Greens scarf (Moody Blues Scarf from the Scarf Issue of Creative Knitting). I can do that, it would mean no knitting while I searched.....

No, that's bad I shouldn't be looking for ways to get out of knitting I should be doing more. Especially now I've invested in new patterns. Before Christmas I saw the Simple Knits calender in my local Angus & Robertson, and hopefully put it on my Xmas list. Well the fact I bought it probably says it all. However there was 50% off the marked price sticker on it, marked price being $23 dollars. However they charged me only $5.74 for it, I'm pleased with my bargain. A calender and a 13 new projects to contemplate. I am loving the bag.
Bags are going to be my new scarves, I can sense it already.

On a final note today, I saw this quiz
What kind of a freaky mother are you? at Chocolate and Yarn (cool name!) and had to try it. Granted my kids have four legs and are covered in fur, but still I'm their Mama.

Goth Mama
You're a witchy woman! Chances are that you see
Morticia Addams as a role model, and your
wardrobe sports a fair amount of black. The
other mothers at school pick up may look
askance, but your kids already know that the
judgement of others isn't what counts.


What kind of a freaky mother are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


No comments: