Friday, January 28, 2005

Rip it! Rip it good!

I have started twice now to knit a cosy for my mobile phone, and I'm about to undo it for the second time. The pattern called for 16 stitches which would have been big enough for two phones. I undid it, recast on with 10 stiches and it is becoming very clear 10 is not going to be wide enough. The phone will just fit but there will be no room for sewing up.

The pattern I am using is an adaptaion of Cricket's Technicolour Techno-Cosies from Stitch n' Bitch by Debbie Stoller, I am still seeking her second book Stitch n' Bitch Nation. I would have expected it to be here by now. This is the first attempt to knit up the nylon lurex knitting yarn as it's called.

I failed to get the second half of the first mitten done. Dr Who is finally officially finished, yes I know I said I had finished knittng him but today I finally remembered the crochet hook and my sister (the long overdue receipent of the scarf) put the tassels on along the ends and it looks really good. I hope to get some pictures really soon, also of the first two projects from the 20. The first pair of mittens and the quick knit feathers scarf.

If only I could get more finished. There's some I-Cord standing between me and finishng my bag and also a button. But that should be easy to find. That wretched I-Cord however......

On the domestic front, I am pleased to announce after all this time waiting I finally have had my hot water cylinder fixed or more to the point replaced. Not that I've waited long for that.

It's still hot, but not as hot as it was thankfully. I am having to o knit some for lack of better excuse..

No comments: